Our Services

Enduring Powers of Attorney for personal care and welfare and property (EPOA)

You can appoint Peter as your attorney for property and/or personal care and welfare. There are many different ways we can do this and we can discuss this thoroughly before you make up your mind. You need to be mentally capable to make an EPOA.

Your EPOA for property can be activated by you at the time you make it or, by a doctor or the court if and when you become mentally incapable due to an accident, illness or other cause. You can appoint Peter, and another person jointly if you wish. You can also appoint a successor attorney who could act for you if we were unable to for any reason.

Only a doctor or the court can activate your EPOA for Care and Welfare; it can only be activated if and when you become mentally incapable, for example because of an accident or illness. You can also appoint a successor attorney who could act for you if we were unable to for any reason.

If you would like to consider appointing Peter, we would meet together to ascertain your wishes now and into your future.

Welfare Guardianship

We are professional welfare guardians for those who have become mentally incapable as a result of accident or illness. This involves making an application to the Family Court. We can make the application and attend to all of the Family Court Processes.

Property Management

We are professional property managers by appointment of the Family Court for those who are partially or wholly mentally incapable due to illness or accident. All funds are managed through our client’s account. We are required to report to the Court at designated intervals for all aspects of property management.

Terms of Engagement

For those who do not meet the legal threshold, or do not want to enter into EPOA, a terms of engagement is a contract between you and us to provide a service that we are qualified to provide and have the resources to assist you. This can include:-

» Case management in relation to any agencies you are currently engaged with.

» Debt management for those whose debt has become unserviceable.

» Making an application to the Family Court on your behalf.

» Advocacy.

» Selecting and maintaining a residential care placement with you or changing a residential care placement.

» Assisting you to leave your home and transfer to residential care including disestablishing your home, disposing of your chattels as you direct, selling your home and investing your funds.

» Making a Will for you and being your trustee.

» Problem solving and decision making in relation to any aspect of your life.

» Making applications for residential care and residential support subsidies and navigating related systems.

» Escorted outings – travel safely to any destination, for any purpose.